Monday, May 12, 2014

||Prom||

Prom is a tradition that has been going on for years and one that I am very fond of. I absolutely love dancing, especially when it's with good company. The fact that I just attended my last one EVER hasn't really hit me yet but I'm not too worried because I know it's not the end. Which brings me to another conclusion, people have been asking me if I'm sad or happy to graduate and of course my answer is happy and I thought that everyone felt the same. Apparently that is the rare answer going around and when I heard that, I was quite baffled at first. I was confused as to why people were sad to be leaving high school and weren't excited to actually start their lives. Then it hit me, for lots of people this is the high light of their lives (which is sort of hard for me to believe). Don't get me wrong it's been an amazing and fun ride but frankly I can't see my self staying one more day after graduation. I'm at that point in my life where I'm ready to experience new things, meet new people, do stuff I haven't done. So for all of you out there that are really bummed to be graduating, remember that there is a world waiting to be discovered. Carpinteria is beautiful and the "ideal" place to live but there's so much more culture and food and other adventures to experience that could not be found here. Homecoming, rallies, football games, prom all these things were fun but if we had the option to do them for the rest of our lives they wouldn't be special. I'll end with this quote from one of my best friends Joanna who says "if you think about it, prom is weird." 


No comments:

Post a Comment