Tuesday, September 23, 2014

||Marked For Life||

The first week I moved to SF this guy in my dorm walked past me and I was like "Sick tattoo dude!" and he replied, "thanks I just got it" and then I thought to myself, I want a tattoo. So the next day I went to a tattoo shop and got one.

Death metal playing and a muscular guy covered in ink awaiting, I nervously walked up to the desk and asked if I needed an appointment (clearly I have never done this before) and after clarifying that I was 18 the owner tolled me I could get it that day! Receiving the little push I needed from my roommate and signing a few papers I found myself laying face down on a long cushioned table. All of the sudden it felt like a cat had gotten revenge on me, deeply and slowly clawing at the back of my ankle and every now and then giving me a couple of seconds in between to catch my breath. About 15 minutes later it was over and I am now marked forever.

Here's the funny thing. I was the person that was never going to get a tattoo. I didn't even know what I wanted and not that I had anything against them I just never saw myself ever getting one.

It's sort of interesing, this symbol just came to me I don't know how, why or when but it did and after I got it there was this meaning that some how accompanied it.

The symbol is on my broken ankle which reminds me that through that time of my life God was always with me healing and teaching me new things daily. I got this tattoo in San Francisco which is my favorite city in the world and no matter what trials I will face here I have God who loves me unconditionally.

After the deed was done I didn't really know what to feel, I wasn't overly excited or full of regret, I was sort of passive. But everyday I'm liking it more and more and of course once I told parents and they said they still love me I was quite relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment