Monday, September 8, 2014

||I Had A Thought||

After a long day of classes and not so good eating choices I decided to go for a run. As I made my way through china town I was still at the "feeling good" stage and on my way, a kind gentleman gave me a high five. Now, everyone prepared me for the sketchy aspect of SF and I assure you I have been on guard, but no one really brings up the fact that every city has a few good people. I happened to run into one of them (literally) which was a fun start to my work out! Eventually I made my way to the beach by Fisherman's Wharf  and I spotted some very welcoming stone steps over looking Alcatraz and the beautiful city. Instead of making my way up an annoyingly steep hill which is my usual rout I had a thought, why don't I just sit and enjoy this incredible view before me? So I did.

As my muscles started to relax and my body temperature cooled down to the perfect level of not too hot, and not too cold I had this weird feeling that I don't think I've ever experienced before. Music in ear (which made everything more dramatic) I looked slightly to the right, then my head followed my eyes to the left and it hit me, that feeling was the excitement of being "home". I say "home" because it IS still my earthly home but I like it and I may not live here my whole life but for now I'm definetly content.

After what seemed like the perfect five minutes I got up and started the journey back. Right as I was getting to the point of giving up and wanting to walk the rest of the way I tripped. Notice I didn't say fall because I didn't. I tripped, but it wasn't one of those cute trips that no none notices, I'll admit I almost completely toppled over and there were two very concerned witnesses, but I made sure I was quick about it and gave them a thumps up before we passed each other. I just love being humbled (no sarcasm intended, I really do believe it's good for us). 

You can bet your bottom dollar that gave me the last push I needed to sprint all the way home.

 Happy almost Tuesday!

-DG




No comments:

Post a Comment