Wednesday, August 27, 2014

||Endeavoring To Find My Norm||

It's been a very productive week so far. I've had introductions to all my classes at SFAI but one, gone to overwhelmingly huge art stores, went on runs, got a tattoo, eaten some scrumptious food and managed to get a little more familiar with my new home.

Last week I was torn between staying in Painting 1 and switching into wood-shop, but after today's class I could not be happier with sticking to my first pick. Although all we've done so far is paint a picture of a box, it was fun and having my own easel and painting materials somehow made it more enjoyable. I'm also the type of artist that gets paint ALL over their hands and in high school all we had was regular soap which was no help and left stains for at least a day. Here they have soap with tiny ball like texture that actually removes paint stains. What?! Yes, people it exists!

This week I've also realized how blessed I am to have the roommate that I do. Marina Claunch is her name and we are polar opposites. Our mentalities on life could not be more different but I'm so thankful for the way we get along. We're able to communicate when we feel bothered by one another, make each other laugh by giving a look or doing something dumb, and the level of respect we have for one another blows my mind. I feel like I've known this girl my whole life, it's hard to believe we only met over a year ago.

The weather here has been exceptional, a little cool in the mornings but nice and warm in the afternoons. Although I'm enjoying the temperature I am indeed looking forward to some good ol', scarf and sweater wearing weather.

Happy Hump Day!

-DG



No comments:

Post a Comment