Monday, August 15, 2016

||Life||

I’ve been back in Carpinteria for about a month now and it’s been a bit of a roller coaster! Some weeks are really busy and hectic while others are extremely slow and consist of a lot less activity. I notice myself craving busier weeks but have also found the slow one’s necessary to process and give myself time to take care of my physical, emotional and spiritual health. This past week my twin sister visited me for five days which was such a refreshing gift. Every moment we get together (which is rare now a days) is hard realizing I don’t get to do life with her anymore because she’s married and lives in Washington and I’m heading off to Africa. But it’s also light, easy and full of a lot of laughs.

I think that’s one of the hardest things about being in the states. I find myself holding back in some friendships because I know it’s only temporary. It also feels like my community has dispersed. I know a year is short but it also hurts getting close to people only to leave them a few months later. And I think that’s why I crave consistency so much is because ever since high school it’s been pretty much nonexistent for this period of my life. But then again it’s also a reminder that everything is temporary. Except for God. And that reminder is something that I need daily to not only be fully present in friendships but also trust God in this area and not hide in the shadow of fear. 

So I guess that’s my biggest prayer request right now. To be bold in the day to day and not live in a “what’s the point?” mentality because I’ve seen myself get stuck in that a couple of times and it’s not fun. 

Another couple of prayer points would include financial support as I’m still needing that and favor for visa details to fall into place!

Thank you for your prayers,

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment