Tuesday, August 16, 2016

||...||

Last night when we dropped off Tabitha at the airport I felt an emptiness. For some reason leaving her was harder this time than its been in the past. It almost seemed unfair and I asked God why and how taking away someone who gets me more than anyone in the world was beneficial. After many tears and lots of silence He reminded me of the growth through separation that's taken place over the past two years. He reminded me that when I chose to follow Him I wasn't promised a life of ease and comfort. That those days are actually a gift and the hardships are what reveal God's persistent, perusing, perfect love. As painful as its been at times, I know God didn't separate us to watch us suffer. He's making us both stronger and more reliant on Him. And I wouldn't trade that.

A good father knows what He's doing and how can I know that unless I choose to trust Him?

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment