Monday, April 4, 2016

||My Anchor||

Ministry is less about what you have to offer and more about how your willing to be used. The Lord told me this, last week as I was walking to school. And man was it exactly what I needed to hear. This season has been one of prayer, laughter, adventure, ease and rest. Many things that coming out of a season of hardship and pain wasn't easy for me to receive. My thought process told me that life was getting too easy and I was probably doing something wrong if I started to enjoy life in its fullness.

Then the Lord began to break that pattern in my mind allowing freedom to fall in those areas. It wasn’t easy because breaking habits never is, but with time and lots of surrender on my part He did it.

But in seasons of abundant rest it's hard not to feel useless. You want to have an answer for people when they ask what you’re doing or what's next even though the Lord may have specified a time of just being. Sometimes it feels like that's not good enough for society though.

And I guess that's kind of the place I'm in. It's hard not to speed up a season of rest. And so easy to get into the mentality of "I've rested enough and I'm ready to be used now". In all of this the Lord continually brings to mind this verse " He knows us far better than we know ourselves"- Romans 8:27. So He's probably very aware of the fact that I'm not ready for whatever He has next. And loves me enough to take His time with me before calling me into a season where rest won't be so readily available.  

In all of this I think the biggest theme God continually brings up in my life is finding that balance. Listening to Him through it all and remembering that the only thing we are called to daily is loving Him and through that loving others well.


-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment