Thursday, October 1, 2015

||On Another Note||

It....is...OCTOBER. The month of pumpkins, crisp air, MY SISTER'S WEDDING (whoa), falling leaves and everything else wonderful!

On another note, today the Lord gave me these words going into this new season "I am a sinner if it's not one thing it's another caught up in words tangled in lies." And I'm thinking dang Lord, that's sort of intense but of course is hitting everything in my life spot on. But the follow up line to this song (Brokenness Aside by All Sons & Daughters) is what's really been pressing on my heart "But You are a Savior and You take brokenness aside and make it beautiful".

God doesn't grow and strengthen us out of punishment and never without reminding us that He's right next to us along the way. So when my mind is going crazy trying to make up for every part of me that is lacking, I just have to come back to that truth. And remember that yea, I am a sinner, I'm weak, horrible at spelling, constantly letting people down, and extremely far from perfect, but it's kicked because I know someone who IS perfect and He's chosen to love me despite my faults. 

Gosh, I'm eternally thankful for the simplicity of the gospel.

Happy October everyone!

Also, ALL of you should get these chips from Trader Joe's because they are amazing. 

-DG



No comments:

Post a Comment