Saturday, October 3, 2015

||Day By Day||

Day by day and being okay. What does that mean? For me that means when I'm thinking about what's for lunch, how to save money, what's the best way to stay in touch with community, where I'm going to be in a year, to stop and be still.

First of all it's biblical to remember that God desires for us to be still in our day to day and acknowledge that HE is King.

Second we can't predict the future, or make our lives even work without Him.

So when I say day by day I mean taking time to cook some spaghetti and maybe bake some banana bread.

I've found myself not satisfied lately, thinking that I always need to be adventuring to keep my Instagram feed looking good or always need to be walking/working out to make sure my body is in tip top condition or having to be with someone when I'm alone. But we aren't called to fill up our schedules and do something every second of the day, that leads to being exhausted and sick (take it from someone who knows).

It literally took being sick for me to get to this point. And I'm thankful for that (is that normal?) I mean yea it sucks, but looking beyond it and realizing that slowing down is not only important but necessary in a city where speed equals efficiency.

The little things in life should be enough. In a society where everything is vying for our attention that's hard but not impossible.

Goals, goals goals.

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment