Wednesday, November 12, 2014

||Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss||

Gosh guys. I haven't been blogging much because every time my fingers begin to type all that comes out is the truth. Lately I haven't been wanting to face the truth but maybe it’s time I do.

The truth is some days are just hard. Some days, why we're doing what we're doing is questioned constantly. Thoughts of, am I the only one that's been feeling this way circles around in our heads over and over again. Has anyone ever felt THIS alone or am I the only one?

I've been battling these thoughts and emotions quite a bit this semester and sometimes it's just easier to ignore them, or at least pretend to. As much as we want to hide and look past them the fact is they're there. Some days they slap us hard or creep up quietly right as we’re about to fall asleep.

Those thoughts and questions, more often than not are lies.

Time and time again I have to remind myself that I'm not alone in this. As hard as it is I have to take myself out of the selfishness of my sorrows and put my life into perspective.

First off, I'm loved by the King of the Universe and as lonely or hard as these moments in my life can be, I was and still am called to this city and God has purpose in that. I've also noticed that I've never had more opportunity to share the gospel than I do here and the enemy hates that. In fact he hates it so much that he tries every day as hard as he can to discourage me from doing it, whether that's through a miscommunicated text or lack of text, gossip, emotions, friends, lack of friends and so much more.

These situations aren't an accident or coincidence but God ALWAYS desires for us to cry out to him in the midst of them. And let me tell ya I've never cried out to Him as much as I have in these past few months. And I know He hears me. I know it because no matter how sucky life can seem at times I trust that one day it'll be but a distant memory. And in the grand scheme of life as dramatic as this is now, one day it no longer will be.   

I know that God has a greater plan and purpose for every detail in my life right now. I'm reminded daily in His word that He cares about me much more than I will ever know.

That's what gives me to motivation to stick it out, when I'm not having enough "fun" or making a million new friends.

I just know He cares.

When it comes down to it we all want to know that somebody cares right?

He cares about me as well as you, and that’s the simple most wonderful truth.

So maybe it’s good to face the truth.

Happy Wednesday

PS. Enjoy these photos of a sunset that I took and have probably posted before, but don't care because I do believe this is my favorite one of all time. 

:) 

-DG



No comments:

Post a Comment