Sunday, October 12, 2014

||Constant Inconsistencies||

This is such a strange time in one's life. After years of having some sort of foundation whether it's living in the same house, or always with your family, or having the same friends since the first grade there's at least something that's always familiar. But your first year of college (or at least mine) is full of many firsts and constant inconsistencies. It seems that once life starts to get into a routine something disrupts that or some sort of change occurs.

For me lately that's been food, people, ideas and thoughts. Going to an art school has challenged my beliefs and standards in a way that's really blatant and in your face. But I think I prefer it that way. My mind comprehends better when something is presented to me plain and simple (but then again, doesn't everyone?). 

Through the craziness of trying to figure out what I agree with, disagree with, or believe is true and what isn't I could not be more thankful for the simplicity of the gospel.

I'm just going to leave it at that, because sometimes the best things in life are better when kept plain and simple.

-DG


No comments:

Post a Comment