Saturday, June 14, 2014

||I Chopped the Mop||

TODAY I cut 12 inches of hair off! Okay, I didn't but Candice my hair dresser did! And I feel about 10 pounds lighter and very refreshed. Lots of people were against me cutting my hair so I decided to do it with out anyone knowing. This morning I woke up and was already nervous about the chop and on top of that had to get through my curious mom (who turned 41 today, go mom!) to go to my 9 AM appointment. I got to the salon and tolled my hair dresser I wanted to cut it ALL and anxiously waited as she separated my hair into two pony tails and did the first obvious cut. The first is the worst because your sitting there feeling like a five year old with your super short hair thinking what did I do? But after the initial shock the style starts to come alive and all regret is left behind. Not only am I stoked on the cut but I'm so thankful for this hair that grows thick and fast and is able to be donated to people who don't have that luxury. Four years ago I did the same thing, had long hair and then cut it really short to donate. That year I realized that I wanted to repeat that process as much as I could in life. It's cool how we can bless others with something as little as hair for wigs. Why not, am I right? If your thinking about it, go for it! The best part about it is hair always grows back!




No comments:

Post a Comment