Saturday, March 22, 2014

Love // The Truest Kind

Love is an extraordinary thing. Our culture has distorted our view of love telling us  that the only way we can get it is through "Prince charming" or receiving the most expensive gift for Christmas, making it almost impossible to obtain. And that if you were once in love it's also possible to fall out of it therefor making divorce okay, because there's always someone else. I'm sorry but if you believe this then you have not truly experienced the selfless act of love. This love is the kind that when you put even the slightest effort in you'll never want to leave. It's the kind that when you truly experience it will suffice your chaotic mind and calm your uneasy heart. I'm 18 and have never even been in a relationship but what I have seen is  Christ's love and I wholeheartedly believed there is NOTHING greater. We could complicate the concept of this topic but when it comes down to it, it doesn't get much simpler. Accepting God as your Savior is the first step and then growing with Him in this world is the rest. Ladies, He doesn't expect you to wear make-up before coming to Him, Men He doesn't care how much you can bench press. There have been many situations in my life where I don't know how I would have survived with out His Holy Spirit in me, encouraging me and reminding me that I have a purpose for being in this world. You are loved and you have the chance to love a God who is outside of time, this world, our insecurities, our fears and whatever else we struggle with. Think about the person you love most in this world, and then times that by ten million, that doesn't even scratch the surface of how much our God loves us. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment