Thursday, August 8, 2019

|| I'm Back ||

Wow, it's been a minute since I’ve posted!

Looking through my last updates I wondered, is it even worth it for me to blog anymore? I'm no longer on Instagram, writing doesn't seem to flow as naturally, and my priorities have shifted over the years.

I've also noticed that I can tend to get cynical over social media platforms. It’s been harder to express myself outside of face to face communication seeing the re-precautions of staying connected through social media. You've heard it before, I'm sure, the "be present" talk. As well as the "highlight reel" and the comparison it ingrains and jealousy that lingers after half an hour of scrolling. These are things I thought through and yes, prayed through and why I gave up Instagram. I do have Facebook, reason being to keep people interested in my photography. Yet I do find myself getting caught up in my news feed and left feeling slightly dissatisfied (I often consider deleting my account, who knows maybe eventually I will).

This blog though, I must admit I've been absent from, due to fear. I’m married now, when I was single it felt easier to write about whatever, because it mostly affected me. Now, there’s more to consider, and there’s a potential for my friends to read this! What if they disagree or I have a typo? (there will be many)

But I guess that's not a good reason to quit something. I like writing, and though I may be a little rusty, maybe it’s a good place to start.

So, here's to blogging again. Blogging about exciting news, Travis, recipes, photoshoots, Gandalf, life updates, interesting thoughts and other random things I can't think of right now.

I’m back!

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment