Monday, October 2, 2017

|| T A N Z A N I A P A R T Y ||

In exactly one week I'm heading back to the states.

Back to the unknown and reality of transition and trusting God for the next step.

I never could have predicted the fullness this year has brought. Fullness including, growth, hardships, victories, challenges, joys, celebrations, memories and all things in between.

When I first arrived most of my thoughts were consumed with what I was going to do when I got back to the states and how I would survive the year.

But now I'm in my final days and I feel the Lord's peace reassuring me that He's got something up His sleeve.

A quote that my mom said that has stuck with me through this season is "God's not just going to call you somewhere to leave you hanging after your finished with that time."

Something my dad left me with was in Matthew 19:29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life." I've already seen this come to pass in the community God has gifted me with here in Tanzania.

My heart is very much split. I could have never imagined how hard it would be to leave this place. I do see myself coming back in the future but only the Lord knows the timing!

The Russels have been an exceptional example of how to do ministry long term. They've shown me more than they'll ever know and I hope so much God allows us to work together as teammates in the future.

This past weekend we had a going away TANZANIA PARTY for me and I felt incredibly loved and celebrated!

Here's to my last week of finishing projects and doing life with these guys who have loved me so well this year!

Happy Monday

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment