Thursday, November 10, 2016

||It's Not Just Me||

To be honest I didn’t know adults thought art was a cool as I did. I love art, always have, but in my mind everyone saw it as a dainty hobby and nothing more.

So, when the leader of Nexus (the group of guests staying on the Wild Hope land this past week) asked if I could facilitate a time of art I was a bit surprised. Not only did he go out of his way to ask but he was excited! Even when it seemed that everyone was in “chill mode” when the designated time came and I offered to delay till the next day, he insisted that it proceed. And I must say I’m glad he did because watching leaders of christian ministries from four different continents come and let water color quiet they’re minds was so life giving to me! Every time I see someone let art slow them down it reminds me that we're more alike than we think.

If we serve the ultimate Creator, why wouldn’t we enjoy being creative too if our aim is to be more like Him?

It was such a blessing to see Wild Hope come to life as a retreat center through this group!

-DG

1 comment: