Monday, October 31, 2016

||I'm Good||

God’s presence is addicting. And that’s what makes every day worth living. Knowing that Jesus died for me so that I could experience His father’s heart, His friendship, His understanding and every other part of Him.

Living in Africa, and there’s lots of moments when my heart aches for home and I wish I could just curl up on my couch in Carpinteria and sleep forever. Sometimes I’ll be talking to a new fried from church here and my mind will wonder off to a memory with Tabitha or camping on the coast of California. My emotions will roller coaster within seconds and I’ll feel unrivaled.

But it seems like I’m always realizing that that’s ok. Because God always takes care of me when I fall apart. Whether it’s through an encouraging email, good FaceTime call or my new buddy on this Africa journey Tammy.

He never gives us anything beyond our limits even when it feels like it. He’s more gracious than we know.

I’m good, but God’s definition of good, not the world’s fine and busy “good”. The roller coaster days good. And the hope at the end of a long day good.

Happy Monday!

-DG


No comments:

Post a Comment