Thursday, December 10, 2015

||My Emotions Are Goliath||

Guys, this week has been hard, I've literally felt broken, like there's just nothing in me left to give to anything or anyone. And it hasn't exactly come at the most convenient time either, seeing as its finals week and my last few days in the city. Is there ever a good time to be broken though? Hmm.

Anyways every day my emotions are Goliath (a really gnarly roller coaster at Magic Mountain), if you don't know what I'm talking about look it up. Tears every day, mental and physical pain, and just SO MUCH confusion. And as I'm sitting at a coffee shop trying to write a five page paper about something I don't care about listening to Hillsong, I'm just in awe at the pockets of Joy Jesus has given me through it all. And the fact that God is attracted to brokenness.

Wait, let me just say that again, He is ATTRACTED to brokenness. He chooses to be near and comfort and restore when I don't have anything left in me.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

He thrives in us when we are weak. Gosh, who does that? 

Tomorrow will probably be hard, and this weekend I might be really sad at some point, I'm also anticipating some laughter though, along with more moments that make the fight for Jesus worth it.  Because He knows we need little victories in our day to get us through seasons when joy is a choice. Like my friend Kelsey beat boxing with me or just running on a treadmill for half an hour or a text from your dad just telling you he's proud of you. 

You know, Jesus will never give you too much, only the exact amount you can handle and He knows that amount because He created you and knows you better than you know yourself. 

Ok I need to write a paper. 


-DG  




No comments:

Post a Comment