Wednesday, November 11, 2015

||How To Be Prideful||

Jeremiah 9:24 "But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!"

Lately the Lord's been redirecting my pride. This word resonated so well with me because I've been wondering why we were created with a sense of pride or excitement in taking ownership in what we do when often we're told being prideful is wrong. There has to be a reason or purpose for this right? I mean it's in us so there for has to mean something.

It's quite possible that we've been boasting in the wrong thing. Leave it to us in our flesh to take yet another thing that was meant to glorify God in His power and turn it into something selfish. So, maybe being prideful isn't a bad thing as long as it's pride in our Maker.

These little reminders often trip me up. It seems simple, just continually give God the glory in all things, that's it. But we tend to make it difficult for ourselves. I guess that's the sweet thing about knowing God though, He'll always redirect us as long as we let Him.

God is just cool.

-DG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment