Monday, November 9, 2015

||His Yoke Is Easy||

"Take a moment to remember
Who God is and who I am                        
There You go lifting my load again"

These words have reigned so true in my life today. 

Lately (the past couple of weeks) my burden has felt heavy. Living in the Tenderloin in 
San Francisco just gets to you sometimes, if I'm going to be honest. Everything when not surrendered to the Lord starts to become exhausting and heavy.

Yesterday we sang Take a Moment in church and today it's been replaying in my head even while listening to something completely different. I think God was just really wanting me to feel the weight or maybe the ease that comes with those words.

And let me tell you, I am. Just sitting here, remembering that God is so big and in control of every single situation, every person's future, emotions, finances and all other details. 

He loves those that we love WAY more than we can even imagine and that brings my heart the greatest joy.

"His yoke is easy and His burden is so light" 

Dang. I’m quick to forget the simplicity of His truths.

-DG 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment