Tuesday, August 1, 2017

||Pick Flowers||

Today is the first day of August. I can’t even believe what’s gone on since my time back in Tanzania.

Last week we took one of our guests on Safari for a couple of days and stayed at a lodge we hadn’t been to yet. The place was beautiful, peaceful and the game park (though we’d been before) a trip to remember.

Pythons, monkeys, elephants, giraffes, waterfalls, flowers and views for days! Just the wonders we all needed to see, to get recharged for life.

I went on a walk around the land this morning and picked some flowers. My shoes weren’t right for all the mud and I got hot a few steps in, from wearing a big sweater but that walk reminded me of a lot of things.

Spending too much time on computers makes me sad. Sad because I compare my life to everyone else's after a few minutes on social media.

Taking time to be in God’s beauty is rejuvenating for me. It can take more effort than getting in front of a screen but its long lasting for my well-being.

Also, that I don’t make quite enough time for nature in comparison to how much I spend staying “connected”.

When am I going to get better at this?

Ha, all I know is that sometimes I’m thankful when mishaps like my computer charger unexpectedly burning up take place. It puts things into perspective and I honestly think it’s God’s grace in showing me where my priorities are getting mixed up.

I can’t afford Safaris every week, but I can choose to pick flowers and walk outside more.   

Happy August!

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment