Thursday, March 19, 2015

||Twin Time||

This past week was my spring break, wow that was fast. I had bought a plane ticket for Colorado a while ago and had been anticipating this week for a long time.

Twin time has become very rare, so finally having my sister all to myself was precious. It's crazy remembering back to last year when I shared a room, as well as even before we entered this world sharing a womb together, to now only four whole days a few times a year.

Life is weird that way in that you grow up with people for years and then all of the sudden it changes and before you know it your sitting in a room just thinking about all that has happened. Tabitha is my best friend. Though I didn't like admitting that all throughout middle and high school, I've never been so confident in that since college. It certainly is true that we don't realize just how precious something is until it's gone.

Recently I've just been realizing how blessed I am and that everything I have today, here in this moment is a gift from God and no amount of planning or worrying about tomorrow will change anything. I'm learning to be thankful for everything present before me and not take anything for granted because we aren't promised tomorrow so why fret over it?

This past week I didn't do much, but that's ok because just being with my best friend was enough. And I'm reminded of how blessed I am to know her and give as well as receive wisdom from her.

I miss her and don't want to wait months before I can see her again, but I'm learning to treasure her all the more now and I think that's important.

Happy Thursday

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment