Thursday, January 29, 2015

||Patience Is a Virtue||

Painting was fun today. Some days it’s hard to get in the zone but this morning it was as easy as could be. After three hours of focusing and standing, my stomach was growling and the dogs were howling. So as I was walking home, my mind immediately raced through all the options I had for lunch today. I told myself I would put in some effort and make spaghetti but as I passed subway and remembered that take out exists it got harder and harder. None the less it took everything in me but I made it to my dorm empty handed and forced myself to get into cooking mode.

I would love to report that the process went smoothly and making spaghetti was never easier but that simply was not the case. You see, I’m an impatient person (it’s something I’m trying to work on) and of course waiting for the beef to defrost was just too much. So with everything set up, onions cooking and water boiling with noodle, I just sort of threw the rock hard meat into the mess. Realizing this was not the smartest move, I spent about ten minutes tearing apart the meat while I was overheating and learning my lesson the hard way.

Eventually, the meat did defrost and I managed to make something edible!
Anyways, the only thing standing between me and a relaxing weekend is an English class so things definitely could be worse.

Happy Thursday!

-DG  

No comments:

Post a Comment