Wednesday, July 9, 2014

||Never a Dull Moment in SLO||

Yesterday was the definition of a perfect summer day. Monday evening one of my closest friends Joanna Hipple texted me saying "let's go to San Luis Obispo tomorrow to visit Natalie" (also one of our closest friends). Usually I'm not down to do a day trip on such short notice, but this time I said yes and we left at 6:30 the next morning.

Traffic was light and we made really good time, arriving at 8:30. As we ran into Natalie's house we said our excited hellos and after that the day started with a little hike up the "Irish Hills". As our first excursion came to an end unfortunately Natalie had to go to work, so the day was ours for the taking.

Our second outing included a very nice pool which was perfect for the hot day and then we headed to lunch to meet up with Natalie's brother in law Michael. With that included a stressful order at lunch in a place non of us had ever been, but don't worry the food was nothing short of amazing. Then we proceeded to see a gum wall, enjoy some frozen yogurt and walk the streets of SLO. Around 2:30 we said our goodbyes to Michael, then Joanna and I headed to coffee shop called Scout for the BEST tea I've ever had (white coconut) some coffee and a little game of cards.

Some down time and girl talk was exactly what we both needed before heading to meet with another friend who we spent two hours with. To end a perfect day in SLO we headed back to Natalie's house for a yummy chicken pesto pasta dinner.

I'm thankful for yesterday and blessed by the people the Lord's surrounded me with. Days like yesterday remind me how undeserving I am of everything in my life, yet how loved I am by the Creator.

-Deb 





No comments:

Post a Comment